This recipe has been adapted from Easy Hazelnut Cookies recipe by Louisa Appelkvist @swedish_diet.
Super-easy and takes about 15-20 minutes in total, including baking time.
Total 9g net carbs per 100g
380 calories, 24g fat, 13g protein
I didn’t have hazelnuts as per the original recipe, so used a mixture of ground almonds and finely chopped walnuts instead. I am using Xylitol as the sweetener, plus I added some cinnamon and nutmeg to the original recipe.
- 75g ground almonds
- 50g finely chopped walnuts
- 2 egg whites
- 50g Xylitol
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- pinch of nutmeg
- 0.5 tsp cinnamon
- 4 squares dark chocolate (I am using Cavalier brand, sweetened with Stevia)
- Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas Mark 6
- Mix almons, walnuts, xylitol and spices
- Whisk egg whites lightly and mix in with the dry ingredients
- Form small mounds on a greased baking tray (I had 7 cookies made from the amounts above)
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes
In total, using the amounts above:
- per 100 grams of the mixture – 380 cal, 9g net carbs, 24g fat, 13g protein
- per 1 cookie (36g) – assuming 7 cookies are made from amounts listed above – 136 cals, 3g net carbs, 9g fat, 5g protein
These are great – super quick and easy, and really tasty! The square of chocolate gives it a nice extra oomph! factor. The only thing I didn’t get quite right is the amount of Xylitol – it is very sweet, so I will try to use less next time
Highly recommend this and thanks again to Swedish Diet for the original recipe!