This Peanut Butter Cookies recipe is from the The Illustrated Atkins New Diet Cookbook.
It is super-quick and easy – takes about 5-10 minutes to prepare, and further 10 minutes to bake.
Total 6g net carbs per 100g
40g fat, 12g protein
- 125g (4.5 oz) chunky, sugar-free peanut butter
- 185ml (6 oz) double cream (I didn’t have double cream so had to use single cream instead)
- 75g (3 oz) chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract (no added sugar)
- 2.5 tablespoons granular sugar substitute (I used 3 drops of liquid Splenda instead)
- 2 tablespoons soya flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas Mark 5
- Mix all the ingredients together and blend well
- Place teaspoonfuls of mixture onto an oiled baking tray
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden
According to the book, this amount of mixture makes 40 cookies, with 1.6g of carbs and 48 calories per cookie. Using my substitutions as above (single cream instead of double cream, liquid Splenda instead of granular sugar substitute), I recalculated all values. Also, my cookies were more chunky, so I ended up with 25 cookies instead of 40. According to my calculations:
- per 100g of the cookie mixture: 422 cal, 6g net carbs, 40g fat, 12g protein.
- per 1 cookie (16g) – assuming 25 cookies made from the amounts listed above – 1g net carbs, 6g fat, 2g protein.
2 comments on “Low-Carb Peanut Butter Cookies (6g carbs per 100g)”
The is amazing carb count is amazing. Are they as nice as they look?
Thanks! They are very nice (although I think I am a better photographer than a baker). The recipe is so simple though it is impossible to mess up.